upgrade jira 4.4 to recent version

Björn Höfer August 24, 2016

Dear Support,

we want to update our currently installed version (v4.4#649-r158309) to the most recent version.

Is there an howto or a best practice guide how we can fulfill this task.

We also made a clone of the system and the database so we can test several upgrade ways.

We're currently using the following infrastructure.

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

PGSQL as database

Also we have installed crucible on the server, but as far as I know, we don't use this any more.

We also need to preserve all data installed on the system. Alternatively we could migrate the whole data to a newer system.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Sincerely yours

Björn A. Höfer

2 answers

0 votes
Björn Höfer August 24, 2016

Hello André,

thanks for the very generic answer...

is there a guideline from which version to which version I have to upgrade? As I'm reading though the documentation, I only find sentences like "Download the appropriate 'JIRA 'Linux 64-bit / 32-bit Installer' (.bin) file" - but which one is it???

Maybe you can provide me a link or document with a matrix or something, which version will be appropriate.

Sincerely yours 

Björn

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Hi Björn,

there is an upgrade guide for every release. Have a look if you need to do an upgrade to a Version 5.x or 6.X before you do an upgrade to 7.

We are always doing the rapid upgrade method: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-using-a-rapid-upgrade-method-802592264.html

Of course always on a cloned test-server before and even on a live-upgrade: keep in mind that something worse could happen and find a way to roll back...
Usually the rollback will result in a restore of the database.

Wish you good luck for your upgrades smile

Kind regards
André

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events