upgrade jira 4.4 to recent version

Dear Support,

we want to update our currently installed version (v4.4#649-r158309) to the most recent version.

Is there an howto or a best practice guide how we can fulfill this task.

We also made a clone of the system and the database so we can test several upgrade ways.

We're currently using the following infrastructure.

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

PGSQL as database

Also we have installed crucible on the server, but as far as I know, we don't use this any more.

We also need to preserve all data installed on the system. Alternatively we could migrate the whole data to a newer system.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Sincerely yours

Björn A. Höfer

2 answers

Hi Björn,

there is an upgrade guide for every release. Have a look if you need to do an upgrade to a Version 5.x or 6.X before you do an upgrade to 7.

We are always doing the rapid upgrade method: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-using-a-rapid-upgrade-method-802592264.html

Of course always on a cloned test-server before and even on a live-upgrade: keep in mind that something worse could happen and find a way to roll back...
Usually the rollback will result in a restore of the database.

Wish you good luck for your upgrades smile

Kind regards
André

Hello André,

thanks for the very generic answer...

is there a guideline from which version to which version I have to upgrade? As I'm reading though the documentation, I only find sentences like "Download the appropriate 'JIRA 'Linux 64-bit / 32-bit Installer' (.bin) file" - but which one is it???

Maybe you can provide me a link or document with a matrix or something, which version will be appropriate.

Sincerely yours 

Björn

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

239 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot