unable to search groups in project roles

Vimal April 5, 2016

Hi All,

I have created a custom group and added members init.

But the created groups are not showing in project roles under groups

I'm using JIRA 6.0.7v

Please let me know if I need to add any permissions to the created groups, so that they can be assigned to project roles

Thanks in Advance

Pavan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2016

When you go to the project, and then into the roles, can you add the groups in there?  Even without any lookup?  Let's say you added a group called "penguins".  Can you go to the roles in your project, type "penguins" into the row of users in the column groups and save it?

Vimal April 5, 2016

Hi Nic,

I have created the group called "Mainframe Operations"

After typing "Mainframe" I see No Matches found in project roles

I can able to select other groups that are available like "jira-administrators", Jira-developers etc

Thanks for looking into this

Pavan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2016

Ok, there is no "project roles" box on the screens you should be using, so I need some precision.  When you go to the project and then into the project roles screen, go to the row "users" and then the second column.  If you go to the end of the list (if there are already groups in there), what happens when you type "Mainframe Operations" in there and press return?

0 votes
Vimal April 5, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your kind information.

Found that the group names are case-sensitive for searching the group in project roles

Issue is Solved now

Many Thanks,

Pavan

Suggest an answer