unable to create a table using pipes

Mark Stewart September 27, 2016

I have recently changed jobs where my old company and my new one are using Jira. However I think the new company are under utilising Jira. I am trying to show them hos to create a table/grid using pipe dilineated text in the comments section however it does not appear to be working eg 

||heading 1||heading 2||heading 3||
|col A1|col A2|col A3|
|col B1|col B2|col B3|

It is appearing exactly as typed. Is this functionality a plugin ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Is the field set to the rich renderer that can render wiki markup?

Are you simply typing this text in, or  pasting it?

How do I check that ? I am only here a week and a day.I have tried typing it in and then copying the example from here https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=tables and pasting it in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

First, check the version of JIRA - that's at the bottom of every page.

Second, do not paste the data, type it and see if it formats as you type.

Third, you'll need to look at the project configuration - look for "field configuration scheme" and read it for the "field configuration" in use for that issue type.  In there, you'll find your field listed, and you should check what the "renderer" for it is.

1. I got myself set up as a temporary admin, and I got into the renderers and changed it.

Its working now which is brilliant.

Thanks very much for your help. I'll buy you a pint if you are ever around Dublin smile

Suggest an answer