tree view based on JIRA field

Jitendra Bhimjiyani October 16, 2015

Is there a way to organize JIRA issue list in tree view based on JIRA fields. For example JIRA issues has fields like  Reported By, Reported version, Issue status. I need a way to group the issues by any of these fields and show them in a  tree like below, if I click on John I should see list of all issues in the same list view. At present I have to create two dimensional gadget on my dashboard for all such use cases and switch between dashboard and list view.

John                              23

Ver 1.2                             10

New                                        7

In Progress                             3

Ver 1.5                             13

New                                        6

In Progress                             4

Closed                                    3

Mary                              5

Mike                              6

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

Short answer: not without coding a plugin.

I don't know of an existing plugin that makes multi-level reports with the info you need. Tempo Timesheets would let you see an expandable list of users with their planned and logged work, but you can't see the status of the issues. You could see all logged time in issues in a project by component or version, but not grouped by user. 

So you see, it offers little flexibility, since it's solely aimed at timesheet management. Maybe it's worth a 30-day trial nonetheless.

0 votes
Sena Demir _ALMBASE_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

Hello,

You can check the Multi Level & Tree Field plugin. It provides the exact tree view you mentioned.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224997/multi-level-tree-field?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2015

(shameless plug)
Check out the pivot table addon.  It allows to create these types of overview
https://wiki.idalko.com/display/PTGD/Example+with+issue+count+by+issue+type%2C+status+and+resolution

The pivot gadget can be installed from the marketplace
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.idalko.pivotgadget 

Jitendra Bhimjiyani October 19, 2015

Thanks I tried that but it is very slow compared to the list view. Structure plugin looks better except that it does not group the issues by JIRA fields.

Suggest an answer