summary and short description

Hugo Godinho March 13, 2017

hi all,

we are facing an issue, that i don't know if anyone have encounter it before.

we would like to copy some text, after a specific character, to another field.

an example would be:

"ABC1234 - Example of an issue"

that is our summary for each field, where we have an internal number for each issue, and a brief description.

our intention is to copy everything after the ' - ' to a new custom field.

i have searched and didn't find any possible solution (perhaps i didn't look on the right places??)

is there any solution/workaround we can try to apply, without recurring to any paid add-ons (like script runner, that we don't have a license)?

thanks

best regards,

Hugo

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Niclas,

Thanks for your comment.

I will look into the plugin creation. 

thanks again.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hi Hugo,

You could write your own plugin. As you might have noticed this is non available in functionality in JIRA. I don't really see how you would achieve this without for example Script runner.

Br, Niclas

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

No, you need code to do this.

I'm curious too.  What use would this be?  You've got the issue key and summary already (better than "internal number and brief description" - at a glance you're needlessly duplicating functionality)

Hi Nic,

thanks for you answer.

the issue key and our internal number and not the same. we have a few issues (with different issue types) under an issue type project. so the issue key will never be the same as the internal number we have.

i do understand you point though.

Suggest an answer