subversion commits from JIRA?

Jim Atkins November 16, 2015

Hi

I'm trying to find a way of reducing scope of mistakes when committing to SVN and manually entering the JIRA ID in the commit. I was hoping be able to select a JIRA from a dropdown menu (either in JIRA or in a seperate svn client that communicates with JIRA) as part of the commit process. I stumbled across JIRASvn but that doesn't seem to be supprted any more - I got that from github and installed I can't seem to get it working.

Surely I can't be the first person wanting to do this ? 

Just to clarify - not just viewing previous commits that I want to see- I can see this from Fisheye. I'm trying to find a way to make it easier for developers to select a JIRA as part of the commit process,

Any help gratefully received smile

Regards

Jim

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

Commit Policy Plugin works on the server-side (not in the client-side), thus it does not assist in the way you expected, but it surely reject mis-typed issue keys.

It won't make the process easier, but it will make that safer. Give it a try.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

The best way I can think of this is to create a pre-commit hook script for your SVN repository. There are so many examples in the web and a svn hook script is relatively easy to maintain.

Suggest an answer