sub-task linked with inked issue of parent issue

Krithica Gowri Shankar January 31, 2017

Hi,

I have 2 projects. Project A and Project B.

Created 2 issues : Issue 1 for Project A and Issue 2 for Project B.

Issue 1 : Sub-task is created in 1 transition say create.

Now I am linking Issue 1 with Issue 2.

Then i transition issue 1 from create to other state where 1 more sub-task is created.

Totally there are 2 sub- tasks in Issue 1. 1st one before linking and 2nd one after linking parent issue(Issue 1) with Issue 2.

The sub-task 2 that is created after linking is linked with Issue 2 automatically. Is this default in JIRA?

Whether the sub-task will have link to linked issue of parent issue? If it is default how can i stop this happening of link between sub-task and linked issue ?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alina Fecheta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hello,

Yes, this seems to be the default. I'd also like to know how it can be stopped/prevented.

Unfortunately, JIRA doesn't fire an "Issue Linked" event, and the linking of issues doesn't fire an "Issue Updated" event AND the link is created after all postfunctions/issue creation events have fired. So there is no way of detecting it and deleting it during issue creation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events