Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

story issue type

Story Issue type isn't available within the basic type. how do I add it as its required for the training I am doing.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Tariq and welcome, 

For your training purposes you do not need to have a specific story issuetype, story is just a name (although one commonly used) so if you can change it and use whatever you have in your project. 

If you still want to add it though (all practice is good practice) first go in to Administration Panel > Issues 

1. First check "Issue Types", if Story does not exist there then create it
  2. Now go to "Issue Type Schemes", search for your project edit the issue type scheme that is associated with it and add Story to it.

That should enable it with your default settings for the project, you can go ahead after that and change the rest of the settings. 

Hey Krister,

Thanks for welcoming me and for answering my question. I appreciate it :)

I will give it a go, thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Tahrik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,888 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you