sourcetree on mac os EL capitan hanging

jupiter.at October 12, 2015

sourcetree v2.0.5.3 on mac os EL capitan hanging.

It display all repos but i can't click on it

11 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 22, 2016

I upgraded to SourceTree 2.2 and now it is hanging every so often, after doing an operation I can no longer click anywhere inside SourceTree (including menu bar). I am still on yosemite 10.10.4

Workaround is to Force Quit and restart SourceTree

0 votes
farid silva February 17, 2016

I've just updated to Source Tree 2.2 and everything seems to run fine and smoothly.

0 votes
Gabe Shackle February 17, 2016

FYI, this happens again in the latest upgrade (2.1).

0 votes
fsaboid November 8, 2015

on my sistem I got:  “SourceTree” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. 

No matter what version I try to use.

0 votes
luckasfrigo October 18, 2015

Had the same issue. Did what @jupiter.at sugested, but was still stucked. Then (I don't know why) I hit ESC and everything was working again.

0 votes
Gabe Shackle October 13, 2015

Additional note: I was able to fix the issue by downgrading to 1.9.6, opening the remote repositories dialog (Cmd Shift H) and entering the correct data in the login prompt, then reinstalling the latest version of SourceTree. I didn't have to do anything with the keychain.

0 votes
jupiter.at October 13, 2015

Thanks. First, I remove password in the keychain. In sourcetree, Pressing "Cmd Shift H", input username and pw. It's worked for me.

0 votes
felix October 13, 2015

Also you can click on some options to make the Authenticate window appears.

0 votes

This affects all versions of SourceTree greater than 2.0.0. I was able to get it working again by downgrading to 1.9.6. (http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTree_1.9.6.dmg)

0 votes

Also began experiencing this today. Makes the app completely unusable.

0 votes
Bart van Raalte October 12, 2015

I've the same issue. Seems like its trying to open the Authenticate windows, but that never appears.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events