smart commit not working with correct syntax

Mohammad Yusuf Hamdan October 31, 2016

Hi JIRA team,

One of my developers is having smart commit error every time he commit source code to Git connected to our JIRA server. Screenshot below. As you can see, he used the correct syntax: ISSUE_KEY #time 30m #comment messages. But the smart commit error is shown. Which in turn the work log is not updated. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.40.21.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.42.50.png

Other developers don't have this issue. But, sometimes 1 other developer commit, the smart commit error message is shown even though the syntax is correct.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 11.36.10.png

Related to smart commit error, there are errors in mail queue. JIRA can't send the email. This only happen in smart commit because I get other JIRA emails regarding created/updated issue changes. Screenshot of the mail queue can be seen below. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.52.03.png

JIRA server stats are as follow:

• JIRA version: 7.0.9
  • Git Integration for JIRA version:  2.9.5 (Plugin byBigBrassBand)

2 answers

1 vote
Karen Goeller December 29, 2016
In researching a different issue related to smart commits, I ran across the following caveat that might help in debugging your issue:
  • The committer's email address must match the email address of a single JIRA Software user with the appropriate project permissions to transition issues.

I'd suggest checking email config for that user on both GH and JIRA and also their permissions in jira. 

Greg Hilston March 14, 2019

Its very unfortunate that you can't add multiple emails to your Jira, if you didn't want to change your Github email...

0 votes
David December 29, 2016

I'm having similar issue with Smart Commit on JIRA Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud (mercurial).

Don't see Mail Queue errors and haven't checked with other developers if the same.

The commit shows referenced in the Issue, but not the Smart Comment. I've tried is several ways.

including just "EXA-34 #resolve"

Suggest an answer