site-admins itemised powers

Iain MacGranthin May 19, 2017

Seriously,

I have been looking for a specific attribute set for the site-admins group in cloud jira, and the documentation cirlces around confluence, super users, administrators, etc.

I want a specific list of site-admin capabilities so that I don't have to review what a group member needs to do and worry because their need and frequency of it means givign them site-admins rights is an option, but might grant them what they shouldnt have.

I have a pretty good idea, but Atlassian have a pretty bad way of not spelling it out

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2017

Hi Iain,

In the Manage groups Cloud documentation here is how it spells out the site-admin privileges:

Site-admins are the users who manage a site. These are the permissions currently available to site-admins:

• All permissions assigned to the 'administrators' group for the application(s) you have

• Access to user management (ability to create new users, assign users to groups, grant application access, etc.)

• Access to billing information

Users with this permission are considered site administrators for documentation and Support purposes, and they have access to all the applications in the site.

Hopefully that helps clear things up a bit. For the specifics of the 'administrators' group permissions you can find more information in Managing global permissions.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer