show all yesterday comments?

Max Paw March 9, 2016

I want to see all comments in project that was made yesterday and get it via email (or send to someone)
how can i do it?
I want to group it by issue
I don't want to see older comments, only yesterday activity by issue 

1 answer

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

Hi Max,

I think you can get pretty close to what you need. Here are the steps.

1. You need to create a JQL Filter that shows you all the issues which have comments last 1 day. To do that you need to you scripted JQL from Script Runner. Here is the example.

issueFunction in commented("after -7d")
  2. you need to save this JQL as a filter and subscribe to it via the Manage Filter page
    image2016-3-9 16:38:4.png
    Let me know if you have any other quesitons.
Max Paw March 10, 2016

Well yes, i'll get those issues - this is good, but how do i get those comments i'm looking for? smileYou see - i get 20-30 messages dayly about something was commented by someone, but i want to get yesterday overview. Some kind of an activity string to see what had happend per issue.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Out of the box this is the closest you can get. Once you know the issues you have to open then and read the comments. I understand that if you get a digest it will be better.

You can write a simple service that can give you the digest you need, but nothing out of the box.

This service can take a few days to write for experience developer though. If the issue is that bad you might need to invest into that.

Suggest an answer