search filter does not retrieve the list of issues assigned to a mailing list

Darapu Rajesh Babu March 20, 2017

Search filter does not retrieve the list of issues assigned to a mailing list.

We are having issue with one of the mailing list only. The other mailing lists are working as fine.

Please help on this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2017

What does "assigned to a mailing list" mean in JIRA terms? 

Darapu Rajesh Babu March 21, 2017

When I search for issues with this JQL then it retrieves a list of issues.

JQL: assignee in (dl.FTO.techdesign.CAD)

But When I search for issues with this JQL then it retrieves no issues. But I have issues assigned to this below mentioned mailing list.

JQL: assignee in (dl.FTO.techdesign.DFM)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2017

Please allow me to paraphrase this back to see if I have understood it correctly:

You have two users with these two names.  I guess they are dummy users that point to "mailing lists", although that is not important, they're users as far as JIRA is concerned. 

JQL: assignee in (dl.FTO.techdesign.CAD)  returns a number of issues

JQL: assignee in (dl.FTO.techdesign.DFM)  returns no issues

Question - how do you know that the second JQL is incorrect?

With the second mailing list I can assign issues. But in the search filter when I search for the issues assigned to dl.FTO.techdesign.DFM, it does not retrieve any results.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2017

User.  Not mailing list.  The assignee is a user.

So, can you point to an issue that shows assignee: dl.FTO.techdesign.DFM as the user ?  Using the plain issue view which would look like having the url https://yourjira/browse/XYZ-123

Yes I can point to that issue having assignee as: dl.FTO.techdesign.DFM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2017

Ok, that means your indexing process is broken when you are re-assigning issues at least.

Could you

1. Try reassigning the issue to someone, check if the issue can be found with that user, then swap back to the broken one and search again. 
  2. Watch the atlassian-jira.log file while you are doing those activities - any warnings or errors happening during the changes or searches?

Thanks for your suggestion. It worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events