restrict create issue from issue linked?

Sergio _ October 28, 2016

I want to restrict the issue creation from Issue linked option. Because I don't want the linking between the same issue type

for example. I don't want an issue linking from Bug to Bug. 

it is possible?

thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

You can use "Condition / Validation on issue links" or "Boolean condition / validation with math, date-time or text-string terms" provided by JIRA Workflow Toolbox to implement any restriction you can imagine on issue links. These restrictions hide a transition (conditions), or prevents execution of a transition showing a custom message (validation), when the restriction on issue links is not meet.

Some examples of boolean expressions are:

1) Preventing any issue link to "Bug" issues:

count(filterByIssueType(linkedIssues(), "Bug")) = 0

2) Preventing any "blocks" and "is cloned by" issue link to "Bug" and "Story" issues:

count(filterByIssueType(linkedIssues("blocks, is cloned by"), "Bug, Story")) = 0

3) Allow "is blocked by" and "is duplicated by" issue links only to "Bug", "Improvement" and "New Feature" issues:

count(linkedIssues("is blocked by, is duplicated by")) = count(filterByIssueType(linkedIssues("is blocked by, is duplicated by"), "Bug, Improvemente, New Feature"))

4) Restrict issue link types with "Bug", "Improvement" and "New Feature" issues only to "is blocked by" and "is duplicated by":

count(filterByIssueType(linkedIssues(), "Bug, Improvemente, New Feature")) = count(filterByIssueType(linkedIssues("is blocked by, is duplicated by"), "Bug, Improvemente, New Feature"))

Let me know your specific needs, and I will be happy to give you the exact expression you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events