restoring epic links after issue type change

Gaven Ray October 10, 2016

I have a project that I have an issue type scheme that was recently created and moved from the default issue type scheme. In doing so we removed the Epic issue type. The project lead sent me a list of Issue Types that they wanted for the project and Epic was not on it. So they have lost all of their Epics (now moved to tasks) and all of their epic links. Is there any way to find and move back to being an epic? As a bonus get the epic links back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2016

If you use "move" on the issues, you should find you are able to move them back to being Epics (assuming you have re-added Epic back as a valid issue type in the issue type scheme).  I suspect you have lost the links though - they won't reappear.

Gaven Ray October 10, 2016

I am aware of moving them to being epics. Is there a good way to find them? I did this search:

issuetype = Task AND updated >= 2016-10-05 AND updated <= 2016-10-07 AND status not in (closed) AND "Epic Link" is EMPTY

and it shows issues changed around then however there were other issue types that also became tasks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events