remove transitions from jira cloud

Calvin Hoot January 6, 2016

in the advanced workflow configuration, the documentation states that I can customize which transitions appear

1. Shutdown JIRA.
2. Edit the jira-config.properties file in your JIRA application home directory. See Making changes to the jira-config.properties file for more information.
3. Change the value of 'X' in the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = X property of this file to be the number of transition buttons required before the Workflow menu.
4. If this property does not exist in your jira-config.properties file, add it. Otherwise, a default value of 2 is assumed.
Save the updated jira-config.properties file.
Restart JIRA.

but my organization runs JIRA cloud. How do I allow these issue transitions to line up with our workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

You will have to raise a support ticket with Atlassian. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/restricted-functions-in-jira-cloud-applications-776636921.html

Create a support request with the number of transition buttons you want, and a 15-minute maintenance window (with 24 hours of notice) and Atlassian Support will configure it for you. (We'll be working from Advanced workflow configuration).

Calvin Hoot January 6, 2016

I wish this was a trivial request; it seems every project workflow is a copy of ~4 different templates.

Suggest an answer