release notes customization

ned stoyanov February 25, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to customize the release notes with JIRA cloud? Or alternatively install a plugins that can generate release notes?

My understanding is that cloud installations are quite limiting in what you can do, but not sure what is possible and what is not. Is there any documentation on that?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

I think this would best be solved by querying the API. You could use a script to CURL JIRA and poll data for issues in a released version.

Confluence has an add-on for generating Release Notes as a Page Blueprint.

I am not certain what exists for JIRA Cloud outside of these options.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

You can get all the information you need via REST – 

project = DEV AND fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion() ORDER BY rank ASC

https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project+%3D+DEV+AND+fixVersion+%3D+latestReleasedVersion%28%29+ORDER+BY+rank+ASC

ned stoyanov February 28, 2016

Great, we've already started doing that. Thanks for your response.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

Thanks! Feel free to mark my question as correct, I get virtual points for it. smile

Can I ask, are you using the external API or are you using the Confluence JIRA Report Blueprint?

ned stoyanov February 29, 2016

we are using the external API, similar to your example. I am not sure what the Confluence JIRA Report Blueprint does

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2019

@ned stoyanov you may want to take a look at our Automated release notes app for Jira. It is extremely flexible in terms of the data it can collect from Jira & the format/look & feel of release notes it generates. 

Here is a quick showcase of sample release notes.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Better PDF Exporter can generate release notes and its 100% customizable even in cloud deployments.

jira-release-notes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events