It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

release notes customization

ned stoyanov Feb 25, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to customize the release notes with JIRA cloud? Or alternatively install a plugins that can generate release notes?

My understanding is that cloud installations are quite limiting in what you can do, but not sure what is possible and what is not. Is there any documentation on that?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Behnke Community Leader Feb 26, 2016

I think this would best be solved by querying the API. You could use a script to CURL JIRA and poll data for issues in a released version.

Confluence has an add-on for generating Release Notes as a Page Blueprint.

I am not certain what exists for JIRA Cloud outside of these options.

Steven Behnke Community Leader Feb 26, 2016

You can get all the information you need via REST – 

project = DEV AND fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion() ORDER BY rank ASC

https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project+%3D+DEV+AND+fixVersion+%3D+latestReleasedVersion%28%29+ORDER+BY+rank+ASC

ned stoyanov Feb 28, 2016

Great, we've already started doing that. Thanks for your response.

Steven Behnke Community Leader Feb 29, 2016

Thanks! Feel free to mark my question as correct, I get virtual points for it. smile

Can I ask, are you using the external API or are you using the Confluence JIRA Report Blueprint?

ned stoyanov Feb 29, 2016

we are using the external API, similar to your example. I am not sure what the Confluence JIRA Report Blueprint does

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

665 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you