"Workflow" button is gone from many of my issue types

Olap May 21, 2016

I used to have a "Workflow" in all of my issue types, now it's gone from most of them and only 2 transition names remain. Any idea when does the button appear and how to bring it back? Unfortunately, JIRA documentation says close to nothing about the "Workflow" button.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Olap May 22, 2016

Yes, I think the problem was with statuses with less than 3 transitions as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] suggested: if less than 3 transitions are available, the button is removed from the UI. I wish it was documented somewhere :| Thanks!

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2016

Hi Omri,

I assume you're talking about the "View Workflow" button?

This has to do with the Project Permissions. In a Permission Scheme there's a permission "View Read-Only Workflow". You most likely don't have it anymore on the particular projects.

If you don't know how to update Project Permissions, take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

Best,

Maarten

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2016

It might also be the button that JIRA puts the transitions under if you have more than two available.  To get that back, make sure you have 3 or more transitions out of the current status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events