• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Shere with" field

What is the difference between this "Shere with" field when entering and viewing an issue?

If I enter an organization in "Shere with" field,  during entering an issue, organisation members must activate the receipt of notifications. Correct?

If I add customer directly from the issue view of using the "Shere with" field, don't they need to activate notifications?

Thanks Milena

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Milena Kamasova, could you please clarify what you're asking? Maybe use some screenshots to help us understand what two areas you are talking about.

It sounds like you are asking a question about Jira Service Management, but the labels on the ticket say Jira-core, so I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.

Thanks,

Kian

Sorry. The question is about Jira Service Desk. 

1. view

Jira2.PNG

2. viewJira1.PNG

@Milena Kamasova

The notifications should work the same way in both cases. When a request is shared with an organization, it should notify them.

Like Milena Kamasova likes this

"Share with" (picture one) when implementing an issue, members of the organization receive a notification of the introduction and must activate receiving notifications. There is a possibility to set the members of the organization to receive all notifications. And then they can turn them off.

If so please advise me where to set it?

thank you
Milena

The answer was: The notifications should work the same way in both cases. When a request is shared with an organization, it should notify them.

My question is.  What tipe of modification do you mean?

@Milena Kamasova, it will notify them with the customer notification for issue created. I believe the only time a member of an organization is prompted to sign up is when they are first invited to join the Service Desk.

Currently, it works so that if a customer wants to receive notifications, they must turn on receiving notifications. See picture. It is posible to have notification turn on automaticaly?

Thanks Milena

@Milena Kamasova

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are asking. Out of the box, requests shared with an organization should alert all members of that organization when comments are made, the status is updated, ect. Where are you seeing that you need to turn on notifications for them?

Thanks,

Kian

sees this description:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-notifications-do-my-customers-and-service-desk-team-receive/

When customers share requests in an organization, customers in that organization receive notifications. They can turn on notifications for other activity on the request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

640 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you