"Preformatted" dropdown is broken - how do I report a bug to Atlassian

Stephen Broberg October 13, 2017

For as long as I can remember, the "Preformatted" dropdown on our Jira pages is broken.  The version number at the bottom is v7.4.3#74005-sha1:d9f4f07.

When formatting text with the dropdown, it merely puts two curly braces before and after, {{like this}} instead of the correct markup, which is to use the noformat tags, {noformat}like this{noformat}.  Our pages render correctly when using the tags, it seems to be just the dropdown that's doing the wrong thing.

I'm not the system administrator at our organization, so I don't have access to the support contracts, but this seems like a bug that is independent of our contract.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Hi Stephen,

I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior you have reported.  Each time I use the preformatted option in the text editor it always inserts the noformat tags before and after the selected text for me.  So I would like to learn more about your Jira setup and configuration to learn if this is indeed a bug, or something else that is different with your environment that might be causing this behavior.

If you are not the Jira administrator, then you will likely need the Jira admin to gather some more information for us to further investigate this.  Could you please let me know what specific plugins you are using in your Jira instance?  The Jira Admin can find this by going to Cog Icon -> Add-ons -> Manage Add-ons, then select the User add-ons to see which 3rd party plugins are enabled in your instance.

If this is a bug in Jira, then I can create this on your behalf, but in order to do so I need a clear set of steps to follow to be able to recreate this problem.  If you have located a bug in Jira, you could also open a support case on https://getsupport.atlassian.com with the step by step details of how to reproduce said bug and our support team there can create this bug on our https://jira.atlassian.com site.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer