"Mark as Done" not available in Epic

Eran Friendinger December 12, 2016

I can't seem to enable the option for "Mark as Done" in my epics (in "backlog" view on a scrum board).
Tried to edit this in Issues->Custom Fields, but the field is locked.
What can I do? 

1 answer

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

So when you're looking at the Backlog page of your Board/Project, you're clicking the Epics tab (written sideways) that opens up an Epics filtering panel, you're clicking on the colored dropdown arrow, and then the Mark As Done option either isn't there at all or it is grayed out?

Do you know if your administrator / project administrator has a workflow applied to the Epic issue that prevents it from reaching a completion status unless some certain criteria are met? (This can probably be checked by going to that Epic and seeing if you have a workflow option to set it to a final, completed status .. if not, perhaps that is what is also preventing the Mark As Done option from being available?)

EDIT: Just found this Confluence page discussing your problem.  Can these resolutions help?

Eran Friendinger December 13, 2016

I'm the admin. Here is my workflow. So, there's an "Accepted" status (which is not the standard "Done", granted)
I just re-added DONE status (also added image for that), and it does not change that. The dropdown menu on the colored arrow is just missing "Mark as Done"

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 19.11.36.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-13 at 12.37.54.png

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

@Eran Friendinger see my updated answer for a link to a possible set of resolutions

Eran Friendinger December 13, 2016

Thanks, I took a look at it. But it's not that, as I can't configure anything, since the field "epic status" is "Locked" when I llok in custom fields, so it's set to the default context and I cant change it. And the "configure" option is not available on the custome field->epic status->configure path suggested in option 1.

Alex Law March 7, 2017

I seem to be having the same or very similar issue to you - I am the Admin, have recently set up JIRA, but with the default values, the mark epic as done option is missing. The "epic status" is showing as locked for me too. Did you have any success with finding a resolution?

Suggest an answer