"Log work" logs for previous day

Shravan K February 10, 2016

Hi, I'm part of a development team using JIRA cloud.

On some occasions, when trying to log hours for a particular day, let's just say yesterday, it automatically logs hours for today even though the date is chosen specifically. Unfortunately, any edits made are unsuccessful during that day and can actually be corrected only the next day. This behavior is weird and was not case when I first starting using JIRA cloud.

Not sure how many have faced the same issue but one of my team members also had the same problem.

Basically, the date for which you you are trying to log gets over written with the present date!

Thank you in advance for any reply to this and kindly let us know if there's a quick fix to it.

Cheers,

Shravan.

2 answers

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016
  • check your timezone settings. It is possible that you have a timezone selected as server timezone. So now if you are in US and your server timezone is India, then all the time will be fast forwarded.
    Change your timezone to your own timezone and it shouldbe fine.

• This can also be caused if you are using tempo and logging time using the tempo interface. There is a difference in the way time is interpreted by tempo log work dialog and by JIRA log work dialog. JIRA log work dialog respects the user timezone. But tempo log work dialog simply truncates the timezone to midnight and hence can result in work logged in different days due to timezone differences in user current timezone and server timezone.

Rahul

Shravan K April 6, 2016

Hi Rahul, thank you for replying. I just provided gave additional explanation with screen shots for this topic. I tried to check option 1 which is fine. Second option doesn't apply since we don't use tempo interface.

0 votes
Shravan K April 6, 2016

Hi Rahul, thank you for your quick response earlier. We don't use tempo interface and so I had to rule out the second option.
I did check what you've suggested in point 1 and it doesn't seem wrong and the timezone was set right.

The error I described doesn't seem to occur always and based on some previous observations, it appears to occur only on Friday.

Example:

I have attached some screen shots to explain the same. Fig1 - Fig4 is the sequence of steps I carried out to log an entry for April 1st but it gets logged for April 2nd (as seen in the last firgure - fig4.jpg).

fig1.jpg

fig2.jpg

fig3.jpg

fig4.jpg

Best,

Shravan.

Suggest an answer