"In progress" in search filter but not in workflow

Harry Clark October 12, 2015

Why is the "in progress" status in the basic search filter status dropdown, if the status is not in either of 2 workflows used in the projects being searched? How do I suppress it? The dropdown seems to include all statuses on the system whether they are in the workflow or not. Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Harry Clark October 13, 2015

Actually, the status is "valid" only if it's included in the workflow scheme. I had 2 workflows in the scheme, one default for unmapped issue types, which were not needed. When I deleted the unneeded flow In Progress disappeared from the status filter. I suppose I should have had an issue type scheme in place to recognize only the limited issue types I needed. Then the unneeded flow would not have appeared

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2015

Because it's a valid status.  The system has no way of knowing "what projects are being searched" - you could easily change that to other projects.  Even if you did add code to intelligently work out which projects are currently being searched, you'd have not only the overhead of that, but you'd then have to read every project chosen to get the list of workflows in use, then parse all the xml for each workflow to accumulate the possible status list.  It's a lot of code for no benefit, and for larger JIRA systems could well be a performance problem.

Suggest an answer