"Create Issue" Problem. Your data may be lost, (stay or leave the page)

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

Hi,
In the JIRA 7.0.10, while creating an issue via dialog (popup) form, whenever I press "Create Issue" button, it prompts a dialog box asking If I wanna stay or leave the page.

And ofcource now i don't know if I leave, would the issue be created or not?

So I chose to stay and pressed "create issue" button again.
This created multiple duplicate issues.

Anyone knows how to solve this and more importantly why is this happening? 

Permissoin_Issue.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

Hey Bashir,

I see the URL showing Bug Notifications Plugin page while creating issue.

• Can you send us screenshots creating issue again.
  • Do you have any custom javascript written on Create transition ?

Regards

Chander Inguva

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2016

Ah, that's just a coincidence.
I had opened that bug watchers page while creating an issue.

And yeah I do have custom scripts but I tested by removing them.
No difference.   

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2016

What does atlassian-jira.log file say ? And you can also check developer tools on chrome to see where exactly a call has been made while creating issue. This helps in more investigation.

Suggest an answer