problem with query to find all stories in epics

Tomas Arguinzones Yahoo January 3, 2017

Hi...I am following the steps found in the scriptrunner doc here https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html but when I try to do issuesInEpics("project = DFWTEAM2") I get the following error:

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator but got '('. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'. (line 1, character 14)

what am I missing?

Thank you for your assistance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

The rest of the clause?  You seem to be missing "issueFunction in" on the beginning of that.

Hi Nic...thank you for your reply...I was trying to follow the steps under the More Complex Examples section :

More Complex Examples

Find all the stories in an epic, and all their subtasks. With these complex queries it helps to break them down into pieces, so the first step is to find the stories of the epics in a particular project, let’s say the JRA project.

issuesInEpics("project = JRA")

Now save that as a filter, called for example, Stories in Epic.

I guess I just need to save the filter like that (without actually executing it) since it will be used later on as part of the more complex filter....thank you for your quick assistance.

Another quick question though...is there a way to find all stories in epics in my instance (without restricting it by projects or status or any other criteria)

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

No, you need to use the simple examples to form a valid clause first.  The advanced line you're looking at is different to all the other usages, and it looks like a mistake in the doc to me, as it doesn't work.

You could try a clause that is always going to return everything like "issue type is not empty"

got it...thank you Nic

Suggest an answer