portfolio compatibility matrix and compatibility

Duncan Robertson April 3, 2016

The Portfolio compatibility matrix linked in the FAQ refers to an old version, is there a current version?

Reason being I have installed the current 1.12.3 version of Portfolio and I am getting error

"Portfolio for JIRA could not find software necessary to run.

Please install or update to JIRA Agile (6.7.12 or higher).
If you need help installing software or think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.
"
although the JIra version I have, v6.4.11, appears to be a supported version for Porfolio v1.12.3 according to
Does that mean Portfolio works but some functions are disabled? Or that I need to upgrade Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

I'm not sure what FAQ you're referring to here.

The list of versions you do refer to is correct, and the problem you're having is that you have JIRA with a version of Agile (not JIRA, but the Agile add-on) that Portfolio does not work with.

You need to upgrade JIRA Agile to the latest version you can use for JIRA 6.4.11, then you'll be able to install Portfolio.  You can do both of those from the UPM.

Duncan Robertson April 4, 2016

Hi,

I do not have the "Agile plugin" installed and I can't see in the Portfolio docs what features are lost without it, or if the our Project manager would want it.

I can't find pricing for this plugin on the Atlassian site, though I can see some pricing mentioned on third party sites I don't know if this is correct. "JIRA Agile" and various other prhrases are not the most unique combo of strings to search for on the Atlassian Site.. every pricing link I click on leads me back to JIRA pricing and not the plugin.

Although the "Agile Plugin" cannot be found in the addon manager I did see it has it's own menu item for adding.. however this gives you the option to "try" it without telling me how much it will cost after the eval period ends.

Is there a way I can definitely price up and list something like:

• Portfolio plugin without Agile Plugin provides feature X,Y,Z and will cost A
  • Portfolio plugin with Agile Plugin provides feature V,W,X,Y,Z and will cost B

??

Does all the Portfolio instructional/promo material assume "Agile Plugin" is installed, even though the support matrix indicates it isn't needed and you can install it without it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

Agile and Portfolio are independent of each other, but if you have Agile, then Portfolio needs some access to it as there is extra data (sprints, Epics and story relationships) that it needs to be aware of.

You're struggling to find pricing because Agile has been replaced by "Software" in JIRA 7, and all the documentation is aimed at the latest version. 

If you don't have Agile, then Portfolio should simply work.  The error message implies that you have Agile installed, although it's possible that you've previously installed it as a trial, let it lapse and then not taken it up, so it's installed, but not active.

Could you check for the Agile add-on in Admin -> manage add-ons ?

Duncan Robertson April 4, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification:

I did look for it previously there but did not see it in the list of installed plugins. In fact being able to install it from the "Agile" drop down menu in trial mode (which I just did) would indicate this to be the case as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events