php object from issue

Sergio Negri January 4, 2017

Hi, we are creating a SaaS that, in the future, we will integrate with Jira.

To do so, considering that in our software there is an "issue" entity, we'd like to create that entity to mimick Jira's (at least for now in the minimal fields required to create an issue). We've had a look at Jira's REST APIs, and they are good to get a Json, but what we need is to have the specs for all fields so that we create a php object that mimicks Jira's issue. So when in the future we decide to integrate with JIRA we can upload all those issues already created in our system into JIRA without incurring into data type or data format issues. I'm sure it's already been done and there is no point reinventing the wheel. Can anybody point me to where I can find the "php equivalent" of the Jira's issue?

Thank you!

SN

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Not really, there isn't one.  A JIRA issue is a collection of variable arbitrary fields and attributes, and your best option is to create whatever "php equivalent" that suits you from the JSON returned by the REST call to view the issue.  You'll need to translate it back into JSON to use it to change data on the issues.

Suggest an answer