not all of my issues are being show on the dashboard

Pat Noack March 15, 2016

in the assigned to me widget on the JIRA 6.1.5 dashboard an engineer does not see any of the issues that they created and that are assigned to them.

Is this by design or is there something that should be changed in the search parameter

3 answers

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Only owner of dashboard can modify it. If filters are also used in this dashboard also their owner can change it only.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

The assigned-to-me gadget does exactly that - the search really is just "assignee = current user".

If issues are not appearing, then they're assigned to someone else or the user does not have the permission needed to see the project, or they don't match the issue security level if that has been set.  Or, possibly, the list is so long, the issues are off the end of the list

(That paragraph is assuming that the indexing is working too - can you search for the issues by that assignee?)

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Try also doing a re-indexing. If you don't have your indexes updated, some issues may not be returned by filters, and then your dashboard will not show all the issues you expect.

You can re-index your issues at Administration > System > Index.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

If re-indexing fixes it, then you will want to investigate what is breaking the index.

Pat Noack March 16, 2016

I did re-index and it didn't help.  It would appear that the issues that he does not see are only the ones that he himself created.  Is that they way it is supposed to work?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2016

Nope, the assigned-to-me gadget should show issues based purely on "assignee = current user and unresolved".  It must be something else - could you have a close look at one of the issues that is missing?

Suggest an answer