new features seems to have broken prioritization

David Haberman November 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Ranking an Issue

This is great that you added this feature, been wanting it for a long time, unfortunately now my story keep repriortizing themselves on there own...maybe this a new feature where the tool knows better than me?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2016

Ranking issues has been around for a long time - do you actually mean ranking as a new feature, or are you talking about some other new feature?

David Haberman November 1, 2016

I know, the problem is that I have ranked several stories 10 times this morning in a sprint and they reorder on there own.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2016

I'm not sure what "new feature" you were asking about, but let's concentrate on the unwanted behaviour.

Could you try a really simple test for us?  Go to the board as normal and re-rank something.  Make a note of the issues that were immediately higher and lower before you moved it, and note the same for the issues after you ranked it.

Check that it gets "re-ordered on its own".  Now open up the full view of the issue.  Click on the history tab and see who changed the rank for it.  If there's nothing in there, then check the issues immediately around it for the same.

Suggest an answer