@mentions or assigned tickets not generating emails

Mahesh Naidu November 18, 2019

Hello,

I have noticed for a few months now I do not receive emails when someone mentions me on Jira tickets as well as when I get assigned to work on Jira tickets.

This sometimes end up in me missing replying to time critical tickets.

I receive emails from other external(non-org) sites so i don't think that's an issue. I've also setup my account settings and global settings all to include my right email address and mentions selection for notifications.

Would appreciate if someone from JIRA can help resolve this quickly and my local IT team and I have tried everything possible on this.

Thanks and regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello @Mahesh Naidu

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There are a couple of possible reasons that might cause your user to don't receive notifications.

First of all, I suggest you identify one of the issues that you did not receive a notification about > Navigate to the project that issue belongs to > Project settings > Notifications > Use the notification helper to check if there are any misconfigurations causing the notification to don't be sent.

If you already did that, I recommend you check the KB below to further troubleshoot your issue, paying an special attention to the Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue and see if notifications are being queued:

Troubleshoot notifications in Jira 

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer