map resoultion value to empty value

Corinna Führing January 31, 2016

Hy somebody made mistake to create "unresolved"Status for Resoultion field. Now we want to clear that. But if i make bulk change JIRA asks me to map this Field value to antoher. But since we want to have it empty now, what could we do ? How could we solve our problem now. Since after deleting this Status, anyhow the issues remain on this value...but we want to have tham in blank....

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2016

You can't unset it easily because of the nature of the field.

You will need to push each issue through a transition that has "clear resolution" on it.  Most of the time, we recommend adding a new transition for your workflows (and you can remove it later), but the approach depends mostly on the size of the problem.

Run a filter for "resolution = <unwanted value> and status not in <any closed status where the resolution should be set>".  I'd save that and put it into some dashboard gadgets - filter statistics for project and status maybe.  That will give you a good idea of how many issues you need to amend, and where to look for the workflow edits. 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2016

Scriptrunner has a built-in script for it! smile

Suggest an answer