mail-1.4.1.jar not available. Now what?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA's SMTP mail server to send notifications

In a fresh JIRA 7.1.7 installation the file mail-1.4.1.jar is not available in the <jira-application-dir>/WEB-INF/lib/ as mentioned in the related article.

I've used the windows installer in order to set up.

Any suggestions are welcome as I'm blocked in deploying JIRA Service Desk for not having this file.

Thanks!
Jacques. 

1 answer

1 accepted

In the end I ignored the JNDI mail configuration (which I  was forced to use in JIRA 6.3.4 for Office 365) and went with the default JIRA mail configuration and it worked without a problem.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Oct 28, 2016

Hi Jacques!

Which SMTP configurations are you using for Office365? 

We have now many notification duplicates. 

Our configurations is:  JIRA connect without auth to MailRelay. MailRelay send to DAG, after EDGE servers -> after Office365.

Could you describe?

Thanks

Regards,

Gonchik

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

377 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot