mail-1.4.1.jar not available. Now what?

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA's SMTP mail server to send notifications

In a fresh JIRA 7.1.7 installation the file mail-1.4.1.jar is not available in the <jira-application-dir>/WEB-INF/lib/ as mentioned in the related article.

I've used the windows installer in order to set up.

Any suggestions are welcome as I'm blocked in deploying JIRA Service Desk for not having this file.

Thanks!
Jacques. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2016

In the end I ignored the JNDI mail configuration (which I  was forced to use in JIRA 6.3.4 for Office 365) and went with the default JIRA mail configuration and it worked without a problem.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2016

Hi Jacques!

Which SMTP configurations are you using for Office365? 

We have now many notification duplicates. 

Our configurations is:  JIRA connect without auth to MailRelay. MailRelay send to DAG, after EDGE servers -> after Office365.

Could you describe?

Thanks

Regards,

Gonchik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events