losing project roles

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Hi

When I switch LDAP directory I have lost project roles for users. Is this known issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Thanks

then how does it maintain issues dashboards etc properly

i see issues assigned to users etc come through fine when they login, they can see dashboard fine

are these not associated to user in old ldap

in my new ldap userid's are same

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Have you migrated the users and groups from one directory to the other?

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2016

Hi Nic

There was no direct migration option as there is no delegated LDAP, it is Microsoft AD. I just created users and their groups in new LDAP directory and disabled old LDAP one and enabled new one. Then I performed sync.

Users and their groups are fine. But when I look at project roles it is completely different.

Also can you please let me know what other associations can be lost.

Thanks

Abe

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Right, so you didn't migrate.  The problem here is that a user in directory 1 is not the same object as a user in directory 2, even if the accounts are identical.  Removing the old directory means the users have gone, so they'd be removed from the roles

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2016

Suggest an answer