Hi, Currently we are trying to import CSV files into jira and also trying to link them in a parent child hierarchy accordingly, We have a scenario where we need all our user stories under feature to have links of our feature issue.
Second scenario is we need all the story links in our feature issue.
Feature- user story 1 and user story 2 link.
> User story1- feature link, user story2 link
> user story2- feature link, user story1 link
2). Am also working on structure and was wondering if it is possible to link my issues automatically in structure if i import them as a linked issues.
It is possible to create links between issues via CVS import. You can find an example of it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-issue-links-from-a-csv-file-740262715.html
As for creating links in a structure - it is also possible with an Extend generator. Extend generator represents link relationships between a parent and its child issue, it describes which link type is used to link issues and its direction. An Extend generator works two ways - you can either use it to add already linked issues under their respective parents or you can create new links by pairing issues in a structure using drag and drop.
Just to see how it works, you can try the following:
1. Add any Feature type issue to an empty structure;
2. Add an Extend generator by clicking Automation | + | Extend | Linked Issues... . Specify a link type and its direction that you want to exist between a Feature and its User Stories;
3. Enable the Double Grid mode in a structure (you can simply click on the button with the square icon in the top right corner). The right panel will be opened;
4. Search for User Story type issues there by typing a JQL query in the search field;
5. Select User Stories that you want to be linked to the Feature in the structure and drag and drop them from the right panel to the left below the Feature. It is important to place issues not directly below the Feature but with an indentation(drop them under and a bit to the right of the Feature). As a result the link will be created between the Feature and all added User Stories.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions and if you need further assistance with generators - please feel free to create a ticket at our Service Desk portal at support.almworks.com and we'll be back with you shortly.
Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins! We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events