licensing

Holger Plath October 10, 2016

Hi,

I have installed JIRA , Confluence and Bitbucket as servers and I use one user directory for all servers.

What about the licenses when I have JIRA users who don't have access to Confluence and Bitbucket because they don't have the appropriate roles. Are they be among the Confluence and Bitbucket licenses?

Regards

Holger

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2016

The three applications are independent of each other, even when you're using the same user directory.

Have a look at the access profiles for them.  They all have global permissions for "these people can use this application".  If you use separate groups for each application, then you'll be able to grant people access to one, two or all three applications as required.  Someone in jira-software-users won't get access to confluence automatically.  Only users who can use the application count towards your licence limit.

The only downside here is that users who only have access to one application may not benefit from all the integration you've done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events