jira timeout while creating project

nidhis May 11, 2016

While i am trying to create a nw project in JIRA, it says Request timeout, if we refresh the page, and check, it has create the project. Please find screenshot.

How can we resolve this? 

5 answers

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

Hi Nidhi,

I am facing the same issue.

Can you tell me how this issue was resolved in your scenario?

sainath gadekallu January 20, 2020

Hi @Deepanshu Natani  

Did you resolve this issue? If yes can you please help me with the steps to resolve this issue. I have recently updated my Jira instance to 8.5.2 from 7.13.5. after the upgrade, I am facing this issue, when I try to create service desk projects.

0 votes
nidhis May 18, 2016

Hi,

Attached the logs, still did not get a response.

Nidhi

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Hi Nidhi!  Sorry for the late response; I've been out of the office.

The link you posted was for your local network; I'm unable to access it.

Try this:  try creating a project, wait for it to time out, and copy/paste the relevant log entries, (based on time/date), as a response.  That will help.

Also keep in mind that this is a user forum; not Atlassian support.  If this issue is high priority, you may want to contact Atlassian support directly here.

Thanks!

0 votes
nidhis May 12, 2016

Hi,

I posted the link above, let me know if you an access the logs

Nidhi

0 votes
nidhis May 11, 2016

Hi,

Please find attached logs.  

\\w01b5on5\tmp\catalina.zip':

This is the location of zip file in a folder, i tried to attach but thats big

Nidhi

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Hey Nidhi!

For an issue like this, we'd really need to look at the logs during project creation.  Any chance that you can grab and post the relevant catalina.out output?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer