jira suite utils - appending to a custom field

Richard Jones October 10, 2015

Hello

I have a multi line text custom field. I want it to contain the number of times a bug has been reopened. I tried to get it to increment a number by 1 each time but this isnt supported. I thought about then just putting x into the field each time it is reopened. the number of x in the field would indicate the number of times it is reopened.

I tried putting 'x' into the field and set appending but it only ever sets x. It doesnt append. Same for current datetime. It does however work for current_user.

Can I get x to be appended?

And a separate question is can I get concatenate these things? Is it possible to get current user and current date time both appended to a field?

Thanks in advance. Im really liking JIRA suite utils so far!

2 answers

0 votes
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

I had a similar situation and I ended creating a numeric field, purchasing the Add on Jira Misc Workflow Extension  (JMWE) to use the transition that increments the value of a numeric custom field in one unit.

I didn't find a solution out of the box

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Why use a Multi Line text field? Can't you use a numeric field? And yes, you can set custom field values programmatically (take the current value then add something to it). Take a look at the JIRA ScripRunner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events