jira slack integration, create filter to send alerts only for issues assigned to me

Alexander Sarro September 12, 2018

I have recently integrated jira with our slack account and am receiving notifications when tickets are updated, however updates are for all project tasks and is cluttering channel.

I would like this to be changed so jirabot only notifies me about tickets that are assigned or have my user mentioned.  Is this possible?

1 answer

2 votes
Prince N
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

Hi Alexander,

Currently, you can configure the Slack Integration via the Project Settings to Allow the below filters as well as Issue-types or priority.

• Issue created
  • Assignee updated
  • Someone leaves a comment
  • Issue transitioned to a specific status

Since you are looking for tickets that are assigned, you can use the Assignee updated, so once an issue is assigned, that's only when you can receive notifications on your slack channel. 

jira-slack.png

Although there is this feature request on Support to filter JIRA notifications sent to Slack channels using a JQL Filter which can be specific to other possibilities. however, this is yet to be available on the Slack Integration. you can vote and watch the feature request to get notified if it's visible in our development roadmap.

Regards,

Prince

Suggest an answer