jira server license can be used for jira core server license?

YH August 30, 2016

we purchase the JIRA serve licesnse at  Sep. last year, can be used for JIra 6.0.4,

but now JIRA has changed to JIRA core, the JIRA serve license can't be used for JIRA core 7.0,

what should do to use JIRA core 7.0 normally.

can we get service of free upgrade  in one year? 

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

Your licence should work fine for JIRA 7, the licence scheme hasn't changed and your licence entitles you to use any version of JIRA Core released before September this year.  You remain supported and upgradable until the licence expires, then you just need to renew as normal.

YH September 19, 2016

I want to know the licence we have bought  will expire?

I think it can be used anytime no limited for any version of JIRA Core released before September this year, is right?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

Strange, it's worked ok for me here.

I'd raise this with https://support.atlassian.com

YH September 19, 2016

we can not use the license for  JIRA core 7.0,  what should we do? we want to use JIRA core 7.0,

can you help me? 

can you give me a good license for JIRA core 7.0?

thanks, waiting your message.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

It sounds like you have the wrong licence, but I don't know what you are doing with it.

Could you visit your my.atlassian.com account and look carefully at the licence you are using (not the key, but the details next to it with expiry date, number of users and the product it is for).

0 votes
YH August 31, 2016

I have installed the JIRA core(atlassian-jira-core-7.0.0-x32.exe),  before is JIRA 6.4. Now when I input the purchased license, JIRA core tell me that the license could not be installed.This license is not for the selected product. Please make sure that the license is for the selected product and contact Support if the issue continues.

But I think my license can entitle me to use the version of JIRA core.

Why I cann't use the JIRA core with the license?   thanks for your answer.

image2016-9-1 10:31:44.png

image2016-9-1 10:36:49.png

image2016-9-1 10:38:7.png

YH September 21, 2016

our old JIRA server(V6.4) is crush, we setup the new JIRA server(V7.0), the license should can be used I think, but ,now it cann't work.

below is the detail information about our license,  can we use the license for JIRA 7.0?

image2016-9-22 16:51:53.png

Suggest an answer