jira search gone crazy!

assaf lev April 14, 2016

Hi Guys,

We encountered a weird phenomenon, hopefully one of you can help us out,

When we perform a search on JIRA, click on one of the results and then "Back to search" the icons on the right of the search bar are doubling

After two or three times we do that, it makes the browser freeze completely.

Please See the following screenshots:

1. Search:

1. Search.png

2. Enter one of the results and then -Return to search-

2. Enter one of the results and click -Return to search-.png

3. Too many icons!

3. Too many icons!.png

And this is what happens if I repeat:

4. and that's what happens if I repeat.png

Any advice?

TIA

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

What is generating that pagetree-like icon in the search options?

assaf lev April 14, 2016

To be honest, I have no idea..

It was there since I took ownership over the system..

when I click it I get a "query profile" window.

Any idea where that might come from?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

Nope, that's why I asked.  I think you've got an add-on injecting that, but also going wrong and messing up the display.

I'd try to hunt it down with firebug, see if you can get a name or class for that object.

0 votes
it_altair April 16, 2016

OK looks like google found the answer for us:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-454

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], sounds familiar?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2016

Nope, I've not seen it do that before.  I don't work closely with Jamie's team (I consult, they write cool stuff), and I don't have enough time to look at everything they're doing.

Still, we know what it is now.   I'd see if you could turn off the profiler module in the add-on until a fix is available (there's a couple of internal comments that suggest the team are aiming to fix it sooner rather than later).  And, of course, watch and vote on that issue!

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

We (at least I) have started to see the same thing recently as well. We're running JIRA v6.4.11#64026-sha1:78f6ec4 and have been for a while (a week or so). Not sure exactly when this started, so I can't link it to an add-on update for sure.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2016

Do you have the same extra icon?  I don't get it on our 6.4.11

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

Yes, I do...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2016

We need to know what is creating that really.

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Understood, I just saw it again and noted that the first 'spyglass' icon reruns the JQL, the second (which may be a tree or a spyglass, it varies) and subsequent icons all run a Query Profile and displays a popup like the attached.

Is this from one of the Support Tools?

LuceneCapture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2016

As above, it's a bug in the Script Runner.  Jamie's team are working on it.

Suggest an answer