jira's key expired?

Daniel Schnell September 26, 2016

we are trying to log on, but Jira can't be started successfully.  

Here is the problem we are getting:

[proxy_http:error] [pid 57883] (103)Software caused connection abort:
[client 140.32.148.41:55849] AH01102: error reading status line from remote
server (Jira's url)
[Tue Sep 20 10:13:14.201178 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 57883] [client
140.32.148.41:55849] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /
Proxy client certificate callback: (lira's url) downstream
server wanted client certificate but none are configured.

I took a look at this directory (/etc/pki/tls/certs)  and the problem doesn't seem to be directorly associated with the keys.  

What do you think is causing this problem?

Thanks,

Daniel Schnell

danieljschnell@gmail.com

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Schnell September 28, 2016

I figured out the reason for the problem.  I needed to add  SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire off.  It was because of the type of Apache that I am using (later than 2.4.6).  

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Thanks for sharing the solution! smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2016

Mmm, but hasn't that disabled the security check of the certificate?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

It looks like you provided errors from your web-server proxy. This doesn't help us determine what the state of the application is at all.

Furthermore, without any details about your proxy configuration, we can only guess at the problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

That looks like you've configured the proxy to require certificates, but then not told it what certs to expect or how to handle them.  As Steven says, you'll need to explain the proxy setup.

Suggest an answer