jira number shown as strike out even though the task is not done

Deepak Soni March 21, 2017

When I edit any bug or task or user story thenthe number shown as strike out. But the task is not done yet. I am not sure why it is happening. Please help me as this is really annoying sad

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Omara Williams March 21, 2017

Usually the number is shown as strike out when the issue Resolution is different to Unresolved. Check the status of that attribute on the bug or task. See below:

image2017-3-21 12:19:18.png

Deepak Soni March 22, 2017

Thanks for the response. But this is the not case. For any resolution it is showing strike out. sad

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2017

You (or another admin) has added the resolution field to the create and/or edit screen for the issues.

When a user reaches a screen with the resolution on it, the resolution is always set.

You need to remove the field from all screens except those on transitions that go into a "done" type status.

Also, you might want to check if someone has added dumb resolutions to your resolution list - like "not done" or "unresolved" - these will break things even further.

Thanks Nic. Can you tell me exactly which place I try removing resolution fromscreen? I am worried about any change in the current configuration because any wrong change can hamper the project. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2017

Someone has already made a "wrong change" and broken your system, I think that's more important than worrying about introducing more problems.

The quickest route is Admin -> Issues -> Screens -> screen that is broken, but that assumes you know the screen. 

To work out which screens are broken, go to the project where you have the problem, and check the issue type.  Then go to project admin -> issue type screen scheme and descend into that scheme, following it down to screen level, where you'll be able to remove it.

This would actually be a good time to go through every screen you have though.  As you've made the mistake once, there's a good chance the admin who made it has done it in other places.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2017

Someone has already made a "wrong change" and broken your system, I think that's more important than worrying about introducing more problems.

The quickest route is Admin -> Issues -> Screens -> screen that is broken, but that assumes you know the screen. 

To work out which screens are broken, go to the project where you have the problem, and check the issue type.  Then go to project admin -> issue type screen scheme and descend into that scheme, following it down to screen level, where you'll be able to remove it.

This would actually be a good time to go through every screen you have though.  As you've made the mistake once, there's a good chance the admin who made it has done it in other places.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2017

Hi Deepak,

The strike out mean the "resolution" field is set, generally this field is set at the end of workflow but due to some bad configuration it could be getting set at initial or middle statuses of the workflow thus you see the strike out.

Do you know how to change it? What exactly I should do here?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2017

Hi Deepak,

Generally the resolution is being manually set by someone on the "Edit" or "create" screen of the issues, thus make sure the field "resolution" is removed from the issueType screens and also make sure that resolution is not being set by any workflow transition post-function before the issue is complete. If this fixes the issue, let me know.

Suggest an answer