jira filter by time of day

Trudy Claspill December 2, 2016

I want to create a filter to collect issues based on the time of day they are created, regardless of date, and another filter for the time of day resolved.

My goal is to determine how many issues are being created and how many resolved during U.S. business hours vs. how many are created and resolved during India business hours. The date is not relevant to this query.

Any suggestions? I searched for an answer, and everything I found includes having to specify dates either explicitly of relatively using "startof" functions.

We are using JIRA 6.3.12 now, and have plans to move to JIRA 7.1.

We have the JQL Tricks Plug-in v5.3.10, but I didn't find anything there.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks.jql-plugin/server/overview

2 answers

0 votes
WasimBuden September 22, 2020

Can we do - 

created &gt;>= startOfDay("8h") AND created &gt;=< startOfDay("17h")
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

You do not need a plugin for this as they are standard functions in JIRA. Will this work?

ceated &gt;= startOfDay()

You can then use arguments inside the function to find issues created after a specific time. For example, issues created after 8:00AM will be:

created &gt;= startOfDay("8h")

You can also use negative values to go back in time if you want to find issues created in a different timezone. Use other functions like endOfDay to filter them down further.

Also, these functions works related to the timezone of the user running the function.

Trudy Claspill December 2, 2016

Hello Jobin,

Thank you for your suggestion. That is not what I'm looking for.

For example, I want to be able to filter to find all issues that were created between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. I want this to search all issues, regardless of the date they were created. startOfDay assumes today's date.

If I want to constrain the results based on dates, I want that to be an entirely criteria from the time of day criteria.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2016

Ah, I see. This will have to be a custom developed function then. You might want to create a feature request for JQLT.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events