jira daily resolved report

Bryan Collick April 5, 2016

I have a team that didn't like their sprint ending on Fridays, a day where we generally avoid pushing major changes to production. They switched their sprints from Mon-Fri to Thur-Wed for the last quarter. To see if that would help things.

I'd like to create a report that would show the number of issues that were resolved/closed on a daily basis. This would allow the team to see if they were able to successfully move their deployments away from Friday.

Generating the query is fairly easy:

project = foo AND status in (Resolved, Closed) AND resolutiondate is not EMPTY ORDER BY resolutiondate DESC

But I'm not sure which project report I should use to show this on a day-to-day measurement. Created/Resolved gives me extra info; if there was just the resolved view that may provide what I need. Any suggesgtions?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryan Collick April 14, 2016

It looks like this may not be possible. I ended up searching JIRA's db schema for the correct pieces of information and then connecting JIRA to Chartio to visualize data.

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

If you do not know which project to select you can do not specify project at all. Then you will get result from all projects that you have browse permission.

Bryan Collick April 11, 2016

Hi Vasiliy!

I know the project I want to track; I'm not sure how to get a report that shows me the number of resolved tickets each day.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Here it is: (resolutiondate >= startOfDay() and resolutiondate <= endOfDay())

Bryan Collick April 13, 2016

Hi Vasiliy, 

Thanks... but I know how to create the search query and get the results. I'd like to show these results in a report: a chart, a dashboard widget, something like that. The closest I've found is to use the "created vs resolved" chart, but that report shows more information that I'm interested in seeing. I want to se JUST resolved issues. 

0 votes
Matt_Roberts August 29, 2018

was an answer found on this?

Bryan Collick September 11, 2018

@Matt_Roberts exporting to excel or using a visualization tool via API may be your best bet.

Suggest an answer