jira assigned user

Richard Gergen September 1, 2016

I have a workflow that is using a post function to assign the issue to the current user.  However there's a screen displayed during this transition that prompts for a variety of information including who to assign it to.  Is there a way to have the post function only apply if the user has not otherwise set it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

Unless you allow unassigned issues it is going to be tough to detect if they have changed it from when they started the transition. You'd need some kind of script or listener. You can't do it out of the box. I don't have any experience with them.

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

user can use "Assign to me" link on a view screen, without doing transition.

if you want post-function to assign current user when there is no assignee, lets create a transition that 

• have condition "assignee is empty"
  • uses screen without Assignee field, so user isn't asked for something that is already decided

if you want to allow user to specify an assignee during transition, then lets add another transition that:

• have condition "assignee is NOT empty"
  • uses screen with Assignee field. 
  • validate that Assignee field is not empty

Suggest an answer