jira archive release does nothing

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

Hi JIRA experts,

I have a weird behavior.  I have a project that has a bunch of old versions in it.  I was able to go in and archive almost all of them, but there are 6 in which I manage versions, click archive, and nothing happens.  The choices are still unrelease, archive, and delete.  I know I have permission as I did many other ones in the same project and they worked just fine.

Also I tail -f the log file and nothing appears in it.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

It turns out we had two releases with the exact same name in the same project.   How?   Not real sure but may have had to od with version sync which we no longer use.  Not sure of that just guessing

The solution is:

1. See if you have two releases with the exact same name (try to edit anything about the release, I tried description, the error comes back you already have a release by that name.)
  2. merge the two identically names releases

Suggest an answer