jira 7 doesn't notify users of updates to an issue they are browsing

jbrownc February 22, 2017

Before upgrading to JIRA 7.1.10, we would be notified if another user made changes to an issue we had open in our browser.  For example, if I was creating a comment in an issue, and another user added a comment in that same issue, I would see a notification in my browser to tell me of the new comment.

Since we upgraded to JIRA 7, this no longer happens. 

How can I restore this useful behaviour? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Something might have changed. Can you use the "Notification Helper" to figure out why you are not getting the emails? Check it for an event like "Issue Commented".

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/jira-admin-helper-828788195.html#JIRAAdminHelper-NotificationHelper 

jbrownc February 23, 2017

Thanks for suggesting the notification helper.

But email notifications aren't the problem:  as I said in my original post, in JIRA 6 if I was creating a comment in an issue, and another user added a comment in that same issue, I would see a notification in my browser to tell me of the new comment.

In JIRA 7, this doesn't happen.  I get emails, but I don't get a message in my browser window. 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Are you talking about the notifications while you are online in JIRA? Or something like the Confluence workbox? I wonder if you have an add-on that does this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events