HI,

I am attempting to follow this guide and am having some issues on Ubuntu finding the JAVA Home location that I am supposed to point Portecle at.

" Also, ensure the <JAVA_HOME> variable is pointing to the same version of Java that JIRA uses."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-802593051.html

I'm a Ubuntu noob so I'm sure its something basic...

I have tried 'sudo find ./ -name java' without anything obvious popping up.

java -version returns:

image2016-9-26 10:55:50.png

I have no idea how to tell which version of Java JIRA is using.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Calman

1 answer

It looks like you don't have java in the PATH - this means that Java may not be installed, or the folder which contains its executables is not in the PATH environment variable.

JAVA_HOME is also an environment variable - to see the value of such a variable use:

echo $JAVA_HOME

Before trying to install JIRA, you should get familiar with Ubuntu (and Linux as a whole) as you will probably need to perform a lot of OS tasks to maintain that installation. Read about environment variables here. Read about how to use apt-get to install software.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

118 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you