after upgrading JIRA Core to Version 7.2.6 we get multiple file not found errors on several jar files in the atlassian-jira.log file:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\commons-cli.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\jts1_0.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\carol.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\jonas_timer.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\idb.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\classes12.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib\p6psy.jar
Those files do not exist in the requested path. They even have not been there in the previous version from which we did the update (V.7.2.4).
Does anyone has an idea, why these files are missing or at least why they are reported missing? It seems as if the application is working properly, we cannot see any error.
Thanks for any help.
We used the same user for the upgrade, which is used for starting the application-service (it's a windows installation). The user has administrative privileges on the system and so write-access to all the necessary directories, program- and home-directories. So I cannot image, what could be wrong in the way, we did the upgrade.
The root cause of the issue is that we switch to Tomcat 8 since JIRA 7 and the JAR manifest scan is turn on by default. Since we customised Tomcat to fit JIRA application, we disable this feature on Tomcat by adding the following line in the file server.xml before the end of Context tag:
so that it will not showing any warning message during the startup
I'm seeing the exact same behavior with this upgrade, these file not found errors seem to only occur at startup, they don't exist in prior installations, but also cannot determine if there absence is causing some other problem. It's a bummer that it seems the public has to QA these releases more and more since Atlassian is not.
This is a symptom of the installation being done incorrectly (I think there are other ways to do it, but this is the one I've seen). You need to ensure the right users are used to do the installation over the upgraded system and that they have all the full permissions to all the installation and data directories.
I just upgraded to 7.3 from 7.2.3 which had JIRA Core as part of the server along with JIRA Software.The upgraded 7.3 lists Jira Core, but it now requires a license. The upgrade was performed using the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-using-a-rapid-upgrade-method-802592264.html, using "sudo ./
I've raised a support case as the files being reported by FilenotFoundException are not physically located in the directory and they also were not in Lib directory of the previous install of 7.2.3, by looking in the jira-7.2.3-backup.zip file.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs